Apropos of nothing, what follows is a track by track recalling of my experience with Miley Cyrus’ newest Album, “Endless Summer Vacation”
The title should’ve been “So Much Better Than Younger Now“.
- this is Dua lipa. Not in a bad way? Kinda reminds me of when Taylor was trying to be Lorde for a minute
- strong beach house energy. This song is a VIBE 🤙🏼
- hell yes. Also beach house energy? I love songs like this that are almost like a waltz with that tempo that drones on
- not bad, but forgettable. +1 for harmonica
- Miley does the “throaty singer” thing as good as anyone right now. It’s fine.
- Not feeling it
- I might warm up to this one. I like the “max everything” approach to the production, but I can’t tell if it grates at me or not.
- Solid. The spacey synth is pretty killer. The vocals also have a cool shimmery thing going on in the chorus.
- I dig the beat in general. Sia is on this and it legit sounds like a Sia song
- I don’t mind it, but it doesn’t grab me or anything
- What an absolute gigantic, massive flex to create a song that’s about how you have your life together and you don’t have problems to occupy your time anymore. Very girl boss
- You cannot convince me that this song isn’t somehow an interpolated version of “In the Arms of the Angels”. You can’t take Sarah McLaughlin from us, Miley. I appreciate the earnestness in this, but it’s not why I’m putting on a Miley album tbh. I’m probably not in the target demo here though…
- Not a ton to be said about the demo version of a song on its original album. It’s a little self indulgent IMO.